How to Request for Cancellation of the Travel Ban With the UAE Ministry of Justice

How to Request for Cancellation of the Travel Ban With the UAE Ministry of Justice

The UAE immigration travel ban is a restriction imposed on certain citizens from crossing the country’s borders either by entering, re-entering, or exiting. So if you are ever in doubt about being banned from traveling in the UAE, it is always advised to check the status of UAE immigration to avoid unfavorable situations. If you find yourself being banned from traveling and you have no idea How to Request for Cancellation of the Travel Ban With the UAE Ministry of Justice, then this article is for you!

Reasons for Travel Ban

  • A global disease outbreak
  • Violation of immigration laws
  • Unpaid financial doubts
  • Rent disputes 
  • Overstaying on the visa
  • An ongoing criminal investigation
  • Employment without a valid work permit
  • Leaving the country without notifying your employer

Travel Ban Check in UAE

Make sure you check your UAE immigration status before you decide to travel to or from the United Arab Emirates. Here we have curated the three ways in which you can do that, so that you can prevent any kind of unfavorable situation from happening.

  1. You can make a phone call and the call center operator will ask for your passport number and other additional information. Residents can get in touch with the Amer center in Dubai using the toll-free number 800-51111. If you are outside the UAE, you can contact +971-4-313-9999. 
  2. You can also visit the Dubai Police Station in person to check your UAE immigration status. 
  3. Or you can always check your travel ban status online. Read the step-by-step process of how you can check your travel ban status online:
    • Visit the official website of Dubai Police or you can also download the Dubai Police app on your iOS or Android
    • Go to ‘Individual Services’
    • And select ‘Criminal Status of Financial Cases’
    • Type in your name and Emirates ID number
    • If you have any travel ban in your name, you will be asked to bring your Emirates ID, passport copy, and authority letter to the Dubai Police Station nearest to you
  4. Abu Dhabi residents can visit the Judicial Department’s page on Abu Dhabi’s website or the Estafser service where you can put in your unified number and verification code.

How to Request for Cancellation of the Travel Ban With the UAE Ministry of Justice

In some cases, especially if you have a criminal, civil, or commercial case in the UAE, the judge may apply travel restrictions on you. However, you can request the Ministry of Justice to cancel your travel restriction. They offer their services online, which can be used by you or your lawyer. Read this article to know how to request for cancellation of the travel ban With the UAE Ministry of Justice. 


Step 1: Submit a Case Request


Follow these steps to submit your case request for the cancellation of your travel ban:


  • Visit the official website of the Ministry of Justice and go to the service request ‘Cancellation Request of Travel Ban Order’. 
  • Click on ‘Start Service’.
  • Sign in to your account using your UAE Pass account and you will be directed to your personal dashboard. 
  • Click on ‘My Cases’ under ‘Case Management’. This page will give you the complete list of the cases that are related to you. 
  • Click on the eye icon beside it to view the details of the case. 
  • You can see several options available like ‘add lawyer’, ‘remove lawyer’, and ‘request’. Click on the ‘request’ button. 
  • Fill in the form by providing the details of your request and your case. According to the Ministry of Justice, the options you see under ‘request’ will vary depending on the case. Some cases may be subject to paying a specific amount. The request will only be routed for approval once it is submitted and paid for. Some may even require the approval of the court judge.
  • Upload necessary documents.
  • Click on ‘Submit’. 

Step 2: Pay for Your Request

Once your request is submitted, you are required to make payments if asked to do so, depending on your case. If you want to check the amount that you need to pay, follow the steps given below:


  • Enter your application’s reference number 
  • After you click on a box in the right-hand corner of your screen, you will be directed to another page
  • This page will have the details regarding the amount that you need to pay. 
  • Click on ‘Continue’ to make the payment

Step 3: View or Print the Request

If you would like to view or print your request, then follow the steps given below:


  • On your personal dashboard, you can find an option ‘Case Management’ 
  • After clicking on ‘Case Management’, go to ‘Cases’
  • Click on the eye icon to view your case files
  • Then you can go to the documents section and click on the file link to save the copy and print it out. 

As per the Ministry of Justice’s website, your application will be processed within five working days. If your request gets approved, your travel ban will be canceled. The website also allows you to track the progress of your request through your personal dashboard. 

A&A Associate is the best business setup consultant in Dubai, UAE. We work closely with all government agencies and provide cost-effective and value-added services to meet all kinds of business needs. 

Contact us or visit our website for more details.   

Scroll to Top