Millions of workers and businessmen have made UAE as their residence to bring in further growth. It’s essential to know how to obtain a residence visa through ICA and secure your stay in the UAE. While working as a foreign national with residence visa, you’re allowed to bring your dependents to UAE through ICA approval. However, everyone cannot bring their dependents. There are certain requirements to be met while obtaining a family visa through ICA!
What are the requirements to obtain UAE visa through ICA?
To bring in your dependents or to sponsor family members to the UAE, it’s essential to fulfill the following criteria,
- Male emigrant should have a minimum salary of AED 4000 per month or 3000 per month plus accommodation
- Female emigrant should have a minimum salary of AED 10,000 or AED 8000 plus accommodation
- UAE doesn’t allow same-sex marriage and so, you cannot sponsor your spouse if you’re involved in a same-sex relationship
- All the family members should aged over 18 should submit their medical fitness test, taken at any government approved health center in UAE. They usually test for HIV and Tuberculosis.
Professions eligible for UAE entry permit through ICA
As of 2019, there are no restrictions on professions eligible to sponsor their family members in UAE. Any professional who comply with the salary requirements are eligible to obtain ICA approved UAE family visa.
If you’re a male living in UAE on a residence visa, then you can bring the following members with family visa through ICA,
- While bringing your wife – If you’re a Muslim resident, there are options to sponsor two wives, but you must comply with certain rules set out by GDRFA
- While bringing your son – you can sponsor your son only if he is above 18 years old. If your sons are students, you can still sponsor them up to 21 years. Additionally, your sons should enter the UAE at least once in every six months, if he is studying abroad or else the visa will be cancelled.
- While bringing your daughters – you can sponsor your daughters only if they are unmarried
- While bringing your parents – it’s essential to follow the conditions like,
Sponsor both parents unless one of them have passed away
Have a deposit amount as a guarantee for each parent
Essential to have the medical insurance policy for your parents
You should have a monthly salary of AED 20,000 or AED 19,000 along with two-bedroom accommodation
- While bringing your stepchildren – you can sponsor your stepchildren if you obtain an NOC certificate from the biological parent. This type of visa is valid for one year and it’s renewable.
How Woman can obtain their family residence visa through ICA?
Most of the women have a question, ‘How can I get family visa in UAE?’, because the criteria to obtain family visa for woman is simply higher than a man,
- A married woman can sponsor her husband and children
- Woman should earn a monthly salary of minimum AED 10,000 or AED 8000 along with accommodation
- Woman should involve in professions like teacher, engineer, or any jobs related to medical sector or in certain case, woman can sponsor their family members, if she have sufficient salary even if not employed in the above mentioned categories.
- If husband is capable of sponsoring the children, then woman is not allowed to do it herself. It must be done by the husband!
What are the documents required for UAE visa through ICA?
The documents required for UAE family visa include,
- Completed UAE visa application form – online or through a registered typing office
- Copy of passport of family members
- Passport size picture of family members
- Medical clearance certificate for family members aged over 18 years
- Company contract or copy of sponsor’s employment contract
- Proof of monthly salary of the sponsor
- Legalized marriage certificate
- Registered tenancy contract or proof of accommodation
- Latest utility bill
What are the steps to apply for UAE residence visa through ICA?
Usually, family visas for UAE can be sponsored by either emigrant or the employer. As a foreign resident, you must submit the visa application within 60 days of receiving your own UAE residence visa.
- Apply for UAE entry permit through ICA
Initially, apply for entry permit before organizing your family members to join the residence in UAE. Apply for entry permit at the following places,
GDRFA or general directorate of residency and foreigners affairs – it can be done either online or in-person. While doing in person, you must do it through one of the licensed typing centers in each emirate or through one of the Amer centres in Dubai. GDRFA has special mobile apps for Android and Apple.
- Apply for UAE family visa
The UAE family visa is a type of residence visa submitted on behalf of the family members after they enter in the country on an entry permit. The applicants can submit family visa application at the offices of GDRFA of the relevant emirates.
Validity of family visa through ICA
Family visa is usually issued for a time period of 1 to 3 years and renewed at least 30 days before the expiry of visa. Family visa is completely dependent on sponsor and so, if sponsor’s visa expires, then family visa will be canceled.
The dependent family members get a 30-day grace period from the government, through which they may get their own residence visa renewed.
How A & A associates support in obtaining a UAE visa through ICA?
At A & A associates, we provide full support in obtaining UAE residence visa through ICA for foreign investors, families, and their dependents to start their life in the country.
Our vibrant team walks through the process from A to Z of visa processing that includes medical fitness, typing centers, application forms, collection of relevant documents and other services that save your valuable time.
We ensure that your visa needs are met quickly and efficiently! We assist in every single stage of obtaining the family visa and make sure to solve out visa related issues in compliance with the UAE laws.
Reach out to expert business consultants and ensure great support in UAE residence visa processing services!