Getting an appropriate license is mandatory, to begin with, a business in Dubai. The Department of Economic Development (DED) provides three different types of licenses for entrepreneurs. It’s a commercial license for trading activities, an industrial license for manufacturing activities, and a professional license for professional activities.
A professional license is unique and holders of this license can only indulge in selective types of industries. DED issues a professional license to business engaging in service-oriented activities or individuals holding a professional degree with ample experience in a particular profession.
Who needs a professional license in Dubai?
A & A associate supports individuals and businesses with the required professional license to kick-start their venture. Dubai has a designed administrative system and it’s significant to choose the right type of license for your company setup.
Any individual or company with trained skills can be termed as professionals. Individuals or companies that require a professional license include,
- Auditing and Accounting companies
- Accountants, auditors, and Financial Advisors
- Architectural Consultants
- Business Consultants
- Engineering Consultancy
- Teachers and Educational professionals
- Health Care and Medical Services
- Management consultancies
- Printing and Publishing
- Technical Services
What are the advantages of having a professional license in Dubai?
- A professional license offers 100% ownership to the individual or company. Usually, trading companies are required to partner with a UAE national and bound to offer 51% of share or more to the partner. Professional companies offer 100% ownership in agreement with a local service agent.
- It’s cost-effective and available with a wide range of activities to choose from
- Avail protected business engagement with DED
- Free from additional income tax or corporate tax on your profits
- Flexible market with a wide range of clients to engage with
How to get a Professional License?
Initially, begin with the paperwork! Preparing the right documents before the process could be time-saving. The amount of paperwork depends upon the nature of the business.
List of documents required for licensing,
- Application Form
- Passport copy of tourist Visa
- Muwatana or Jinsiyya copy of the local partner
- UID number
- Additional approval listed by the DED
- Clearance certificate in case of sponsor for an expat
- Approvals of the RTA and municipality
The process of obtaining a professional license requires daily dealing with the DED. Getting a professional license in Dubai is easy, but it’s essential to follow an organized procedure.
DED requires the following,
- BR1 form
- Name registration certificate
- EJARI registration certificates
- Tenancy contract
A & A associate provides expert service to speed up the licensing process and makes it more effective on cost.
What are the documents required for a professional license in Dubai?
- Passport copies of partners and owners
- Copy of visa of foreign partners
- UID number of shareholders
- Naturalization book’s copy of local partner
- Initial approval from several authorities
- Rental contract
- Ejari registration
- Name reservation certificate
Cost of obtaining a professional license
Looking for a Professional license in Dubai’s mainland, it will cost you around AED 14,999 (US$ 4083 approx). This license price includes:
- Trade License Fees.
- UAE National Partner / Agent.
- Chamber of Commerce.
- Municipality Fees.
- Public Notary
- Protection agreement.
Apart from the basic license fee, you have to pay other related fees that include,
- Foreign Trade Name.
- 5% of Office Rent for Dubai Municipality.
- Owner Accommodation Fees
How A&A associate supports professional firms or individuals in Dubai?
We manage the whole process of establishing your firm with strategic inputs and a consolidated business plan. Some of the services include,
- Getting permission and approval from concerned departments
- Preparing MOA and partnership agreements
- Identify a trusted local service agent
- Assistance in opening bank accounts
- Handling all the documentation formalities
Get a professional license and kick-start your career as an entrepreneur. Looking for any assistance, feel free to contact us, we’ll be at your service!