Following the royal decree of His Highness Sheikh Hamad bin Mohammed Al-Sharqi, Number 4 of year 2007 under the administration of Fujairah Culture and Media Authority whose chairman is His Highness Rashid Bin Hamad Al-Sharqi, a new business park was launched in the Emirate of Fujairah called Creative City operated by Fujairah Media.
Fujairaj Creative City has open a facilitating center in Dubai with a view to render services to their Dubai based customers and provide various services like incorporation services, amendment to company register services and licence renewal services.
FCC City creates an environment for individuals and businesses working in the media, consulting, communications, design and technology fields. Creative City will complement existing media clusters in the region and further facilitate creativity in all fields
To this end, FCC provides licenses to individuals within a Free Zone economic environment. It regulates and processes all government formalities, work permits and visas. The emphasis is on nurturing talent without the conventional fetters of renting an office or recruiting staff at the initial stages. The idea is on creating an entity that will eventually grow to a full scale enterprise.
FCC has strategically teamed up with virtual zone, a business initiative that gives one the luxury of operating virtually with the efficiency of a full-fledged office. It is designed especially for individuals or clients wishing to keep costs as low as possible favoring start-up and smaller companies.
Segment catered to by FCC
Licenses are available under the categories of:
Audio Visual Audio Music and Entertainment
Media and Marketing Publishing Information Technology
Event Management Media Support Service Consultancy
Media Consultancy New Media Design
Business Information Film/Production/Post–Production Education
Benefits & Facilities
- In-house PRO (Public Relations Officer)
- Assistance for driving license
- Import-export facilities
- Chamber of Commerce membership
- 100% foreign ownership (no requirement for a local partner)
- 100% tax free status, No corporation tax, No income tax. No customs duty
Structuring Of Business Operations in the Free Zones
The business operations in the FCC can be structured in either one of the following ways:
- Free Zone Limited Liability Company – FZ-LLC (Corporate and Individual shareholders)
- Branch of a Foreign/UAE company.
Features of FZ LLC
- The Limited Liability Company can be established with either a sole shareholder or with multiple shareholders. The shareholder/s can be either individual/s or corporate entity(ies).
- The FZ-LLC should have a minimum of one director, manager, and a company representative (negotiator). (One person can be director, manager and negotiator)
- Capital is contributed for FZ LLC can be utilized for the company’s operations, after the incorporation process is completed and the license is issued.
- Special implementing rules & regulations are applicable for a FZ-LLC.
Features of branch
- Branch is an extension of Parent company
- There is no requirement of minimum capital
- Audited financial are not required to be submitted to FZ Authority.
- It has no special implementation rules & regulations in the Free Zone.
- Branch needs to appoint only a manager.
- Profits of the branch are taxed as per the laws prevailing in the country of the parent company